Charter: NRS GD55/204

Description (from People of Medieval Scotland)

John Avenel son of Gervase Avenel has given, granted and by this his present charter established, to Melrose Abbey (the ‘porte’ of Melrose), for the uses of the paupers there, in pure and perpetual alms, that half ploughgate of land in the territory of Torthorwald (DMF) which William son of Glay gave him for his homage and service, for an annual render to the lord of the feu for all service, custom, exaction and demand, one pound of pepper on Christmas, and making forinsec service of the lord king.

Current location

Repository
National Records of Scotland
Town or City
Edinburgh
Shelfmark
GD55/204

Other information

Catalogue Numbers
Melr. Lib. no. 204
PoMS Document 3/60/8
Format
Unspecified
Date
circa 1214 x circa 1249

People of Medieval Scotland (PoMS Document 3/60/8)

John Avenel son of Gervase Avenel has given, granted and by this his present charter established, to Melrose Abbey (the ‘porte’ of Melrose), for the uses of the paupers there, in pure and perpetual alms, that half ploughgate of land in the territory of Torthorwald (DMF) which William son of Glay gave him for his homage and service, for an annual render to the lord of the feu for all service, custom, exaction and demand, one pound of pepper on Christmas, and making forinsec service of the lord king.

No Page associated to this record
No Text associated to this record