Charter: NRS GD55/217

Description (from People of Medieval Scotland)

Henry of Belton has given granted and established by this his charter to Melrose Abbey all his land of Kingside (ELO) in the land of Penshiels (ELO), which lies between ‘Calneburne’ and ‘Kingeburn’ and ‘Witeddre’, holding in feuferme in perpetuity, for an annual render of two marks, half at Michaelmas and half at Pentecost, free from all service, custom, exaction and demand.

Current location

Repository
National Records of Scotland
Town or City
Edinburgh
Shelfmark
GD55/217

Other information

Catalogue Numbers
Melr. Lib. no. 217
PoMS Document 3/81/1
Format
Unspecified
Text Date
1231

People of Medieval Scotland (PoMS Document 3/81/1)

Henry of Belton has given granted and established by this his charter to Melrose Abbey all his land of Kingside (ELO) in the land of Penshiels (ELO), which lies between ‘Calneburne’ and ‘Kingeburn’ and ‘Witeddre’, holding in feuferme in perpetuity, for an annual render of two marks, half at Michaelmas and half at Pentecost, free from all service, custom, exaction and demand.

No Page associated to this record
No Text associated to this record