Charter: NLS Adv. MS 15.1.18, no. 61

Description (from People of Medieval Scotland)

Richenda, daughter of Humphrey of Berkeley, in the free power of her widowhood, of her free will, has given, granted, and by this her charter established to Roger Wyrfauch, all that land that was Hugh son of Waltheof’s, in the territory of Conveth (now Laurencekirk, KCD), in feu and heritage, by its right bounds, with common pasture of Scotston (KCD), with merchets and blodwites and all its other just pertinents, easements and escheats, free and quit from all service, saving the forinsec service of the lord king, for which she or her attorneys will respond, as pertains to a half davoch, and saving to herself her multure of that land, as pertains to Mill of Conveth (KCD), for an annual render of one pound of pepper on Pentecost. She has sworn on the Holy Gospels and has subjected herself to the jurisdiction of the bishop of St Andrews or his archdeacon.

Current location

Repository
National Library of Scotland
Town or City
Edinburgh
Shelfmark
Adv. MS 15.1.18, no. 61

Other information

Catalogue Numbers
PoMS Document 3/83/15
St A. Lib. 285-6
Format
Unspecified
Date
1242 x 9 March 1251

People of Medieval Scotland (PoMS Document 3/83/15)

Richenda, daughter of Humphrey of Berkeley, in the free power of her widowhood, of her free will, has given, granted, and by this her charter established to Roger Wyrfauch, all that land that was Hugh son of Waltheof’s, in the territory of Conveth (now Laurencekirk, KCD), in feu and heritage, by its right bounds, with common pasture of Scotston (KCD), with merchets and blodwites and all its other just pertinents, easements and escheats, free and quit from all service, saving the forinsec service of the lord king, for which she or her attorneys will respond, as pertains to a half davoch, and saving to herself her multure of that land, as pertains to Mill of Conveth (KCD), for an annual render of one pound of pepper on Pentecost. She has sworn on the Holy Gospels and has subjected herself to the jurisdiction of the bishop of St Andrews or his archdeacon.