Charter: NLS Adv. MS 15.1.18, no. 42

Description (from People of Medieval Scotland)

Hugh de Mortimer has granted and established by this his charter to St Andrews Priory the chapel of Fowlis [Easter] (ANG) with the land belonging to it, which was granted by his grandfather William Maule, with ten acres that he gave to that chapel, and with teinds, and oblations and with everything else pertaining to the chapel, in perpetual alms, free and quit from all secular service, exaction, and reclamation by his heirs. He has also granted to the canons the teinds of his mill and common pasture according to the easements of his feu of Fowlis, namely, for 8 oxen and ten cows, three horses and 100 sheep, as contained in the charter of the aforesaid William.

Current location

Repository
National Library of Scotland
Town or City
Edinburgh
Shelfmark
Adv. MS 15.1.18, no. 42

Other information

Catalogue Numbers
PoMS Document 3/417/3
St A. Lib. 265-6
Format
Unspecified
Date
undated, but clearly pre-1250

People of Medieval Scotland (PoMS Document 3/417/3)

Hugh de Mortimer has granted and established by this his charter to St Andrews Priory the chapel of Fowlis [Easter] (ANG) with the land belonging to it, which was granted by his grandfather William Maule, with ten acres that he gave to that chapel, and with teinds, and oblations and with everything else pertaining to the chapel, in perpetual alms, free and quit from all secular service, exaction, and reclamation by his heirs. He has also granted to the canons the teinds of his mill and common pasture according to the easements of his feu of Fowlis, namely, for 8 oxen and ten cows, three horses and 100 sheep, as contained in the charter of the aforesaid William.