Charter: DCA DCD Misc. Ch. 556

Description (from People of Medieval Scotland)

Edgar, king of Scots, notifies that he came to dedication of church of St Mary at Coldingham (BWK) and offered on altar of same church in endowment and donated villa of Swinton (BWK) with borders that Liulf had, and arranged by the will of the monks of St Cuthbert. He has also donated 23 animals to restoration of that same land, and he has constituted peace in Coldingham (BWK) for those going and returning and there abiding in Island(-shire) and Norham to be kept safe; has established with men in Coldinghamshire (BWK), as they chose and affirmed to him in person, that they should pay monks half a mark every year from each plough

Current location

Repository
Durham Cathedral Archives
Town or City
Durham
Shelfmark
DCD Misc. Ch. 556

Other information

Catalogue Numbers
ND App., no. 4
PoMS Document 1/2/4
Format
Unspecified
Date
1095 x 8 January 1107

People of Medieval Scotland (PoMS Document 1/2/4)

Edgar, king of Scots, notifies that he came to dedication of church of St Mary at Coldingham (BWK) and offered on altar of same church in endowment and donated villa of Swinton (BWK) with borders that Liulf had, and arranged by the will of the monks of St Cuthbert. He has also donated 23 animals to restoration of that same land, and he has constituted peace in Coldingham (BWK) for those going and returning and there abiding in Island(-shire) and Norham to be kept safe; has established with men in Coldinghamshire (BWK), as they chose and affirmed to him in person, that they should pay monks half a mark every year from each plough

No Page associated to this record
No Text associated to this record