Charter: NRS GD55/81

Description (from People of Medieval Scotland)

Walter son of Alan, steward of the lord king, has given, granted and by this his charter established, in free, pure and perpetual alms, to Melrose Abbey, for the salvation of his soul and for the souls of his ancestors and successors, one ploughgate of land and a half, namely a ploughgate of land in the villa of Addeston (BWK) and a half ploughgate of land which lady Emma of Ednam, held with the common pasture and easements of the forest of Birkenside and the forest of Legerwood and with freedom to grind at his mill without multure, from all terrestrial service, custom, exaction and demand. (damaged)

Current location

Repository
National Records of Scotland
Town or City
Edinburgh
Shelfmark
GD55/81

Other information

Catalogue Numbers
Melr. Lib. no. 81
PoMS Document 3/547/36
Format
Unspecified
Date
1204 x 1241

People of Medieval Scotland (PoMS Document 3/547/36)

Walter son of Alan, steward of the lord king, has given, granted and by this his charter established, in free, pure and perpetual alms, to Melrose Abbey, for the salvation of his soul and for the souls of his ancestors and successors, one ploughgate of land and a half, namely a ploughgate of land in the villa of Addeston (BWK) and a half ploughgate of land which lady Emma of Ednam, held with the common pasture and easements of the forest of Birkenside and the forest of Legerwood and with freedom to grind at his mill without multure, from all terrestrial service, custom, exaction and demand. (damaged)

No Page associated to this record
No Text associated to this record