Charter: DCA DCD 4.3.Sacr.1 (previously, Misc. Ch. 715)

Description (from People of Medieval Scotland)

William de Vaux has given and granted and made firm by this his present charter to St Cuthbert and the monks of Durham at their infirmary two oxgangs of land in the territory of Gullane (ELO), to wit, three perches that lie near the croft of St John towards the west, and 12 acres minus 1 perch that lie between the land of William son of Archibald and the Wingate and 13 acres and 3 perches that lie between the sea and the 3 acres that belong to the sergeandry of Gullane on the North, with the pasture that pertains to 2 oxgangs of land, in pure and perpetual alms, free and quit from all secular service, custom and exaction.

Current location

Repository
Durham Cathedral Archives
Town or City
Durham
Shelfmark
DCD 4.3.Sacr.1 (previously, Misc. Ch. 715)

Other information

Catalogue Numbers
ND App., no. 172
PoMS Document 3/586/1
Format
Unspecified
Date
1189 x 1207

People of Medieval Scotland (PoMS Document 3/586/1)

William de Vaux has given and granted and made firm by this his present charter to St Cuthbert and the monks of Durham at their infirmary two oxgangs of land in the territory of Gullane (ELO), to wit, three perches that lie near the croft of St John towards the west, and 12 acres minus 1 perch that lie between the land of William son of Archibald and the Wingate and 13 acres and 3 perches that lie between the sea and the 3 acres that belong to the sergeandry of Gullane on the North, with the pasture that pertains to 2 oxgangs of land, in pure and perpetual alms, free and quit from all secular service, custom and exaction.

No Page associated to this record
No Text associated to this record