Charter: NRS GD55/99

Description (from People of Medieval Scotland)

William de Moreville, constable of the king of Scots, has granted and by this his present charter established to Melrose Abbey, in augmentation of the land of ‘Milcheside’ (in Melrose, ROX) which they had from his father and from him, for the souls of his father and his mother and all his parents and friend and for the salvation of himself, his wife and all their ancestors and successors, all the land and pasture by the eastern head of the fosse which the monks made, by stated bounds, in free, pure and perpetual alms, without any terrestrial service, custom and secular exaction.

Current location

Repository
National Records of Scotland
Town or City
Edinburgh
Shelfmark
GD55/99

Other information

Catalogue Numbers
Melr. Lib. no. 99
PoMS Document 3/416/22
Format
Unspecified
Date
1189 x 1195

People of Medieval Scotland (PoMS Document 3/416/22)

William de Moreville, constable of the king of Scots, has granted and by this his present charter established to Melrose Abbey, in augmentation of the land of ‘Milcheside’ (in Melrose, ROX) which they had from his father and from him, for the souls of his father and his mother and all his parents and friend and for the salvation of himself, his wife and all their ancestors and successors, all the land and pasture by the eastern head of the fosse which the monks made, by stated bounds, in free, pure and perpetual alms, without any terrestrial service, custom and secular exaction.

No Page associated to this record
No Text associated to this record