Charter: NRS GD45/13/279

Description (from People of Medieval Scotland)

Malcolm, earl of Fife, has granted and by his charter established to North Berwick Priory in free and pure and perpetual alms the church of North Berwick (ELO) with its churchlands, and with teinds and oblations, and all other rights justly pertaining to it, and the land in which the house of the nuns is built, that is, ‘Gillecalmestun’ (ELO), and the land of the hospitals of North Berwick (ELO) and Ardross (FIF) and the churches of Kilconquhar (FIF), Largo (FIF) and Logie-Airthrey (STL) with ‘Drumnath’, all with their churchlands, teinds, oblations and other rights, Montrave (FIF), Aithernie (FIF) and half of the land of Breich (WLO) by their right bounds, as the charters of his father give and establish and bear witness.

Current location

Repository
National Records of Scotland
Town or City
Edinburgh
Shelfmark
GD45/13/279

Other information

Catalogue Numbers
N.B. Chrs. no. 7
PoMS Document 3/16/13
Format
Unspecified
Date
1204 × 21 April 1214

People of Medieval Scotland (PoMS Document 3/16/13)

Malcolm, earl of Fife, has granted and by his charter established to North Berwick Priory in free and pure and perpetual alms the church of North Berwick (ELO) with its churchlands, and with teinds and oblations, and all other rights justly pertaining to it, and the land in which the house of the nuns is built, that is, ‘Gillecalmestun’ (ELO), and the land of the hospitals of North Berwick (ELO) and Ardross (FIF) and the churches of Kilconquhar (FIF), Largo (FIF) and Logie-Airthrey (STL) with ‘Drumnath’, all with their churchlands, teinds, oblations and other rights, Montrave (FIF), Aithernie (FIF) and half of the land of Breich (WLO) by their right bounds, as the charters of his father give and establish and bear witness.

No Page associated to this record
No Text associated to this record