Charter: NRS GD55/116

Description (from People of Medieval Scotland)

Walter of Windsor has given and made firm by this his charter to God and to the church of Saint Mary at Melrose and to the monks serving God there, for the salvation of the soul of his lord, William, king of Scotland, who gave him his land, etc., in pure and perpetual alms, that piece of land which they hold in the territory of Clifton (ROX), contained within specified boundaries, which he and the lord Arnold, abbot of Melrose, and the lord Simon, the archdeacon, perambulated and did before many free men, free from all aids, pleas, gelds, scutages, cornages, and from every service and custom and secular exaction; he and his heirs shall maintain and warrant it to them.

Current location

Repository
National Records of Scotland
Town or City
Edinburgh
Shelfmark
GD55/116

Other information

Catalogue Numbers
Melr. Lib. no. 116
PoMS Document 3/609/1
Format
Unspecified
Date
1179 x 8 March 1185

People of Medieval Scotland (PoMS Document 3/609/1)

Walter of Windsor has given and made firm by this his charter to God and to the church of Saint Mary at Melrose and to the monks serving God there, for the salvation of the soul of his lord, William, king of Scotland, who gave him his land, etc., in pure and perpetual alms, that piece of land which they hold in the territory of Clifton (ROX), contained within specified boundaries, which he and the lord Arnold, abbot of Melrose, and the lord Simon, the archdeacon, perambulated and did before many free men, free from all aids, pleas, gelds, scutages, cornages, and from every service and custom and secular exaction; he and his heirs shall maintain and warrant it to them.

No Page associated to this record
No Text associated to this record